Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Goal/race we could all attend in a couple of months:

Adventure Race

 

 

http://www.oarevents.com/events/2011/Odyssey_Fall_Finale_24_Hour_AR.shtml

 

 

Disciplines

Hiking, Mt. Biking, Paddling, Navigation/Orienteering, Off trail Bushwhacking

 

I particularly like bushwhacking.  How many of us have mountain bikes?  I think the limiting factor is gear and where everyone is willing to travel with said gear. 


However, these type of adventure races happen all over the states, I’m sure there are several in the mid-west near where Dan is located.  I say we look for something similar, even if it is just an orienteering oriented (can I say that?) race.  I have done several of the OAR sponsored events and they are a ton of fun. 

 

http://adventure.nationalgeographic.com/2009/03/performance/adventure-race-text

 

1 comment:

  1. This looks good to me. I like that it's nearby. We could totally do this. I don't have a mountain bike but I could scrounge one up.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.