Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Post-workout

Ahh yes, I know some folks doing the Insanity Program.  I hear it's a pretty good workout, exhausting, and has some good cardio.  Probably good for trimming down.

Post workout's I usually like to take some whey protein.  Designer Whey Protein is a good brand, mixes well with water or milk and tastes pretty good.  Usually feel full afterwards.  Not meant to be a meal supplement, but I think it works pretty well for getting nutrients to your muscles.  Also forces you to drink a lot of water post-workout which is probably half the battle.  When I was at my "special" school and trying to put on muscle, I was taking it and it worked pretty well I think.  Even if you are not trying to put on a lot of muscle, I think it is good to drink afterwards, takes away some of the feeling of exhaustion after working out I've found.

You can make a good chocolate shake with milk, peanut butter, Hershey's syrup, and the designer whey.  Mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.