The past 3 weeks I've been running on the treadmill at work 5 days a week. I've ironed out a plan for each day and week where I gradually increase my speed and distance. Each week has a baseline and maximum speed. For now they are one MPH different. Each week the speed increases by .2 MPH. So the first week my baseline was 6 MPH or 10 min/mile pace and my max was 7 MPH. Last week (three weeks in) my base was 6.4, and this week it will be 6.6.
Here is what I do for each day:
Monday:
Distance: 5k
Speed: The week's new max.
This means that every Monday I set a new 5K PR (recent of course, not all-time)
Tuesday:
Speed: Baseline
Distance: Gradually increases.
This week 4 miles.
Wednesday:
Time: 30 min
Speed: Step up workout. I start at the baseline for that week and step up .2 MPH every 5 min.
This has me doing the week's max for the last 5 min.
Thursday:
Speed: Baseline
Time: Gradually increases.
This week 45 min.
Friday:
Distance: 8k
Speed: Baseline + .5 MPH
New 8K PR every week.
Following this plan my weekly mileage will gradually increase, as will my time spent running.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.